Since my last upload I have been able to do three things: repaint my tail and gas tank, complete the motor mount, and start wiring up all of the extra 12v parts. All of these are shown in the pictures above. I also have a bit of sad news. I had ordered the 15 CA60 batteries from EV West and because they had none in stock they did not send us the batteries. And to add on to that we got no warning except when we called to see where the shipment was. So sorry to say, but I am not going to be able to complete this project by the desired time to have it ready for the Senior Project exhibition. Kind of a bummer, but I will still finish the bike its just going to take a little longer.
Yesterday and Today have been focused on the motor mount and I have been able to make leaps and bounds forward. As you can see above the template successfully holds the motor in place. It is made of plywood soon to be replaced with the 1/4 in. plate steel shown just above the wooden one that I have just cut. Tomorrow I will drill into the steel to create holes for the bolts and start wiring everything else up to prepare for the batteries. As a side note I have also mounted my new taillight.
Today I started work on my bike. Over the weekend I had received my headlight and promptly installed that by hammering out the preexisting mount until it was just big enough for the light. It definitely looks a little better with that light on it. I have also created a template for my motor mount. You can see it in the picture above sitting about where you think the motor would sit. This was made out of some plywood that was laying around Kurt's classroom. I will be replacing it with some metal later in the week. The last thing I did today was start scraping the old washed-out paint off the gas tank with a wire-brush. I am going to repaint both the tank and the tail. Overall it felt like a good start to the week ahead.